Taylor Borough Honors Banner Program
The Borough of Taylor has created the Honors Banner Program. A living tribute to recognize and honor residents and their family members who are serving, or are veterans who have served our country in the US Armed Forces. Banners will be displayed on street poles throughout the course of two years to celebrate and remind the community of their dedication to our country.
Purpose and Description of Program:
This program was created to pay tribute to the brave men and women of Taylor Borough who are serving, have served, or have given the ultimate sacrifice of life to our country serving in the military.The Honors banner will be displayed for 2 years from May thru November.
- The Honors Banners are funded through donations.
- The cost of each banner is $189.00(including installation and removal)
- After the course of (2) years, the banner will be permanently removed and given to the serviceperson or family member.
Eligibility Criteria for Honorees
- Currently serving on active duty in the United States Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard). For the purpose of this program, “Active Duty” is defined as twelve months of continuous service.
- Or a veteran who was honorably discharged or given their life serving in the United States Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard).
- Permanent residency in Taylor Borough, OR
- Having a family member residing in Taylor Borough (spouse, parent, grandparent, child or siblings).
Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis by the Honors Banner Committee.
Once the application is verified and funding for the banner has been received, the Borough will notify the applicant of the approval and create the banner.
The applicant will be notified when the banner will be installed honoring the military service person or veteran.
How to Complete a Banner Request;
Submit your donation of $189.00 made payable to:
Taylor Borough Honors Banner
122 Union Street, Taylor, PA, 18517
Complete a request application including the service person’s name and branch of service. Include verification of the Taylor address of the service person or of the qualifying relative with a copy of the driver’s license or current utility bill.
Include a high resolution 5” x 7” or larger portrait-style photo of the service person in dress uniform to be displayed on the banner. (All hardcopy photos will be returned.)
Digital photos in a JPG or PNG 600 DPI resolution or better will be accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a photo, or wish to not use one, a symbolic ribbon will be used in its place.
The Borough of Taylor is not responsible for replacing banners that are stolen, damaged, or destroyed due to age, vandalism, or any acts of nature including high winds.
Taylor Borough Building
122 Union Street
Taylor, PA. 18517-1772
(Hours) Mon. – Fri. 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM