WELCOME TO TAYLOR BOROUGH
This is the official website of the Borough of Taylor. Taylor is a borough in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, four miles southwest of Scranton on the Lackawanna River. The history of Taylor Borough is an interesting journey. It was founded in 1790 by Cornelius Atherton. Silk manufacturing and coal mining were once practiced in the borough. It is our intention at TaylorBorough.com to provide it’s visitors with an informative recap of our community. Taylor Borough has been a unique place to live and work. We hope that the information on this website will be useful and informational.
May 26, 2015
Due to the Holiday, trash will be picked up 1 day later than normally this week.
Effective June 1st, 2015, Taylor Borough will be picking up recycling in the The first week starting on June 1, 2015, DPW will collect commingled recyclables which consists of Plastic Bottles, Jars, Tubs & Tops; Glass Bottles & Jars, Aluminum & Steel (Tin) Cans.
The second week starting June 8, 2015, DPW will collect Newspapers, Catalogs, Office/Computer Paper, Phone Books, Envelopes & Unwanted Mail, Magazines, Cardboard (Shipping Boxes), Cereal Boxes, Cracker Boxes & Paper Towel Rolls.
Please refer to the printed schedule on the back of this NOTICE for the remainder of the Collection Schedule.
June 1, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
June 8, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
June 15, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
June 22, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
June 29, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
July 6, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
July 13, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
July 20, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
July 27, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
August 3, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
August 10, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
August 17, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
August 24, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
August 31, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
September 7, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
September 14, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
September 21, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
September 28, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
October 5, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
October 12, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
October 19, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
October 26 2015 Paper, Cardboard
November 2, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
November 9, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
November 16, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
November 23, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
November 30, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
December 7, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
December 14, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
December 21, 2015 Paper, Cardboard
December 28, 2015 Cans, Glass, Plastics
- BRUSH, GRASS & VEGETATIVE WASTE WILL CONTINUE TO BE PICKED UP ON MONDAY’S (IF THERE IS AN EXCESS AMOUNT OR WEATHER DELAY, WE WILL PICK UP ON TUESDAY)
- E-CYCLING COLLECTION (ELECTRONICS, TV’s, COMPUTERS, CORDED DEVICES) IS DONE ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS, PLEASE CALL (570) 562-1400 & LEAVE MESSAGE FOR DPW TO PICK-UP.
Reminder to all Borough Residents, with the weather getting nicer
Taylor Borough has adopted a new Burn Ordinance to regulate and prohibit the burning, ignition and combustion of rubbish, garbage and other materials within the Borough of Taylor, and to promote and protect the health, safety and welfare of its residents.
- Any resident using a fire pit within the Borough shall be constructed and operated in a safe manner, and shall not be located closer than twenty (20) feet to any building, structure or property line.The fuel area of fire pit is limited to 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet in height.
- Only clean seasoned firewood or charcoal may be burned. No burning of trash leaves, brush, and pressure treated wood or painted wood is permitted.
- All openings in the container or fire pit must be covered with wire mesh or other non-combustible screening materials that will prevent the passage of sparks or embers.
- All fires shall be constantly attended by at least one (1) adult person until they are completely extinguished. A minimum of one portable fire extinguisher with a m minimum 4-A rating or other approved on-site fire extinguishing equipment, such as dirt, sand, water barrel’s., water bucket or garden hose shall be available for immediate utilization.
- No such fire or container may be used on any porch, deck, balcony or other portion of a building.
- Fires are not permitted during adverse wind and weather conditions.
- Fires shall not be permitted to smolder.
- All open fires as set forth herein shall be extinguished no later than 11:00 P.M.
- Any fire permitted to burn in an unsafe manner under adverse weather conditions, unsupervised, determined unsafe by the Fire Chief or Police Officers(s), or in violation of any provision of this Ordinance, shall be extinguished immediately upon demand by such official
- Permit Requirements: Except for portable grills/barbeques (which require no permit), before a property owner may allow a fire pit to be constructed on its property, pursuant to this Ordinance, the property owner shall obtain from the Borough Code Enforcement Officer, at a cost of $5.00(Five-Dollars), a Fire Pit Permit generally authorizing the use of the proposed fire pit at the proposed location on the property. Upon receipt of an application/ request for a Fire Pit Permit, the Taylor Borough Code Enforcement officer shall schedule a site visit with the Property owner to review the proposed location and device.
Street and Roadway Repair
This information is received and reviewed by our Borough Manager. Your question or comment will then be forwarded to the appropriate department.
122 Union Street
Taylor PA 18517
(570) 562-1400 Phone
(570) 562-1415 Fax